More than just a golf club
Find out more about the history of the club.
Strathpeffer Spa Golf Club was founded in 1888 during a period when the Spa was gaining in popularity as a health resort. It lies in Ulladale among the hills on land belonging to the the Cromartie Estate, five minutes walk uphill from Strathpeffer village square.
Play was originally over 9 holes but in 1896 the Club resolved that it be extended to 18 holes. Tom Morris of St. Andrews, "the grand old man of golf" was brought in specially to lay it out.